I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by a wonderful poet and blogger Laura Scott of LScott Poetry.
This award is given to bloggers, by bloggers (another reason I love the blogging community). It’s a fun idea and I am really honored to be included in the company of some wonderful writers. Thank you Laura for adding me to your list!
Now for the details, here’s how it works:
- If you are nominated, thank the award giver and link back to them in your blog post
- Share seven things about yourself
- Pass this award along to recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading
- Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award and post the award picture
Ok…so here are 7 things about me:
- I love growing herbs and veggies in my little home garden (hoping for an acre some day). Fresh grown summer tomatoes are the best! Thanks to my hubby, I have watering drip lines to keep everything alive.
- I would rather walk than run.
- If I could, I would probably still be going to college, but somehow managed to get my degree after studying biology, botany, nutrition, business and computer systems.
- I love to cook and spent a wonderful couple of years going to cooking school (see #3 above) where I met my wonderful husband of 26 years!
- My dream vacation is anywhere I can enjoy nature.
- I prefer being barefoot to wearing heals (especially if it includes being on a beach).
- I adore good chocolate in any form.
Lastly, I would like to pass this award onto some fellow bloggers. Their writings are all different, but they have all made a difference to me in their own way. I am so impressed by those who blog, who choose to share their ideas with the world, and in the process, inspire total strangers. Please take a moment to visit their blogs!
- Bonnie’s Bears blog, a wonderful blog of comfort and hope> http://memorybearsbybonnie.wordpress.com/
- Jean Baruch’s blog for her amazing organization to encourage children going through cancer treatment> http://beadsofcourage.org/blog/
- Maggie Doyne’s amazing blog about the adventures of the orphanage & school she started in Surkhet, Nepal> http://blinknow.org/
- Kate Kresse’s blog full of inspiration and encouragement> http://believeanyway.wordpress.com/
- Celeste’s beautiful and uplifting blog> http://celestealluvial.wordpress.com
- Aliker David Martin’s energetic and inspiring blog> http://happinessnest.wordpress.com/
- Evan’s inspiring blog writings> http://thebettermanprojects.wordpress.com/